[Live-devel] liveMedia on OSX 10.4

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Apr 10 07:38:12 PDT 2005

>>>or do you need to define -DSOCKLEN_T=socklen_t ????
>>
>>I don't know (I don't have a Mac OS X 10.4 system handy).
>>
>>Please check this, and let me know what will work.
>
>Clearly the latter.

OK, got it.

>But why do you use SOCKLEN_T sizeSize = sizeof requestedSize; in groupsock ???
>
>wouldn't it be better to use plain socklen_t for the declerations?
>And then in case socklen_t is not provided to #define socklen_t int ???

The trouble with that is that it would mess up on systems where we think
"socklen_t" isn't defined (so we #define it), but where in fact it really
is defined.  (Unfortunately because of the need to be able to generate
Makefiles for Windows as well as Unix systems, we can't use the usual
autoconf/configure mechanism, which would be able to figure this out
automatically.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>