[Live-devel] need advices

hornsby adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 14:04:07 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,
I am studying at the University of Tampere (finland)
and i am working on making an Open Source Project
using the LiveMedia library. The project is a Live
Splicing tool.
It would have different mpeg2 TS streams as inputs
(from multicast address) and only one output (also a
multicast mpeg2 TS stream).
The tool should be able to switch (splice) sources on
demand and live.
At the moment, I have written a filter for parsing my
mpeg2 ts streams to get the info I need from the
streams. Tests shows that the parsing filter works.

Now I should write a filter that can have 2 inputs and one output,
something like :
videoMutlisource = filterMultisource(source1, source2)
with a doGetNextFrame(source1 (or) source2)

Do you think that with little modification I could use the FramedSource and
MediaSource code ?
Or should I rewritte everyting ?
Or is it possible at all to do what I need ?

Thanks very much for your expertise.

adrian