[Live-devel] delay in playback/transfer?

Henrik Nilsson henrik.nilsson.3777 at student.uu.se
Fri Apr 15 17:36:22 PDT 2005

Hi everyone at live.com

We are building a robot we control with a live video stream. The video
stream is based on testMPEG4VideoStreamer with our own implementation of
DeviceSource.cpp. We are running the feed over an 802.11b network with
both the robot and the client connected to the same  access point.

Current we have apr. 1 sec delay at the playback. Is there some
buffering going on in the liveMedia code, or is there any other known
way to decrease the delay in the playback?

We have tried to eliminate the buffering in VLC by:

rtsp://192.168.2.101:8554/ratatoskMulticastStreamer  :rtsp-caching=0

Any help would be much apreciated.

Team project page
http://www.robocup.it.uu.se/itp2005/ratatosk/
Ratatosk (our robot) in action