[Live-devel] FW: Convert H263 framed stream to.avi media file?

Mikhail Y. Bogunov, TXL Russia Mikhail.Y.Bogunov at techsell.ru
Mon Apr 18 18:22:07 PDT 2005

Hello!

I have an H263 framed stream coming from other program that I currently save in my own format, containing timings and frame sizes
Is it possible to encapsulate such a stream into any known media file format (.avi or something) using LiveMedia?

I examined the test programs and I see that openRTSP can record an avi file from the RTPstream. But in my case I don't have any rtp connection, I just want to use a raw framed file as a source and pass it to AVIFileSink. But it seems that I need a session to do that. And a session uses rtp.

Could you give me a chain of classes that I must use in my case and if I need to implement any classes myself?

Btw, I can use the FramedFileSource class if you could tell me the structure of file that it expects on enter, because I can simply change the structure(format) or the raw file that my other program generates. Currently it will be enough having converted raw h263 to .avi, but further I will need to join audio and video together so it would be good if I can join auio and video channels when writing .avi

I will appreciate any help. Thank you!
/Mike