[Live-devel] FW: Convert H263 framed stream to.avi media file?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Apr 18 16:57:10 PDT 2005

>I have an H263 framed stream coming from other program that I currently
>save in my own format, containing timings and frame sizes
>Is it possible to encapsulate such a stream into any known media file
>format (.avi or something) using LiveMedia?

No - not without writing new code.

>šI examined the test programs and I see that openRTSP can record an avi
>file from the RTPstream. But in my case I don't have any rtp connection, I
>just want to use a raw framed file as a source and pass it to AVIFileSink.
>But it seems that I need a session to do that. And a session uses rtp.

That's right - "AVIFileSink" was designed to record incoming RTP
streams.  If you were to create a SDP description that described a
(hypothetical) H.263 RTP stream, then you could pass that to
"MediaSession::createNew()" to create a "MediaSession" object (that you
could then use to create an "AVIFileSink").  That wouldn't quite be enough
to make "AVIFileSink" work for you, though, because it wouldn't have a data
source.

>Btw, I can use the FramedFileSource class

Well, not by itself, because that's an abstract base class.

>  if you could tell me the structure of file that it expects on enter,
> because I can simply change the structure(format) or the raw file that my
> other program generates.

You would need to write a new class (a subclass of "FramedSource") that
delivers - from your input source - discrete H.263 frames.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>