[Live-devel] A few questions regarding Live framework

zhan jia zhan_jia at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 01:31:30 PDT 2005

Hi:

 I have a few questions with the "Live" media
framework:
 Regarding the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer and
testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver program, can they be used
together?
 if I use single destination address for both streamer
and receiver, seems they works ok.
 but if i use multicast address, it gives an error

Groupsock(1952: 232.255.42.42, 8888, 1): failed to
join group: setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) error:
Unknown error

and the receiver side receive nothing.
However, when i use QickTime Player, and use the SDP
file provided in the
testing package, it receive the multicast stream from
the streamer well.
can there be anything wrong with my procedure? since i
start the receiver program and let it listen first,
then start the stream program.

If i am going the add a decode function to decode each
frame that has been received into RGB format? is there

any there any class that can be used in the framework?
If i were to use my own version of decoder, where can
i plug the code in? can i do it in
FileSink:afterGettingFrame1 method? Please advise.

If i am going to do some additional processing after
all frames of a video has been received? where shall i
do it?
i notice there is a afterPlaying method in the
testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver program, but it is never
executed.
Please advise also.

I really appreciate if anyone can help me these.
thanks!

            zhan jia