[Live-devel] A few questions regarding Live framework

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Apr 29 02:25:04 PDT 2005

>  Regarding the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer and
>testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver program, can they be used
>together?

Yes.

>Groupsock(1952: 232.255.42.42, 8888, 1): failed to
>join group: setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) error:
>Unknown error

You seem to have a problem with IP multicast on your OS.

>If i am going the add a decode function to decode each
>frame that has been received into RGB format? is there
>any there any class that can be used in the framework?

No.  The "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code does not contain any codecs (i.e.,
encoding or decoding implementations).

>If i were to use my own version of decoder, where can
>i plug the code in? can i do it in
>FileSink:afterGettingFrame1 method?

Yes, if you wanted to use the "FileSink" class as a model (note that you
should write your own new class, rather than modifying the existing
"FileSink"), then this would be a good place to do decoding.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>