[Live-devel] how to configure the firewall + default port

pierre.lhussiez pierre.lhussiez at laposte.net
Fri Aug 5 18:01:16 PDT 2005

> >I have created an RTSP multicast server under wince using the
> >liveMedia library.
> >

> >I know that I must open the port 554 ( default RTSP port ).
> >
> >What are other port to be opened?
>
> That is the only *TCP* port that need be opened.
>

> >I heard that RTP and RTCP port start at 6000 and 6000 + 1 Is that true?
>
> It depends on your server code - i.e., what port number did you use
> when you set up the multicast stream?

Im using TestMP3Streamer demo, i haven't changed anithing about the multicast stream.
i see in the source:
  const unsigned short rtpPortNum = 6666;
  const unsigned short rtcpPortNum = rtpPortNum+1;

so, do the firewall must be set up to accept connection on tose ports?

if the answer is yes, i anderstand that i just need to allow ports:
554 for TCP
6666 and 6667 for udp