[Live-devel] Problem handling multiple MPEG streams.

curt curt at showandtell.com
Wed Aug 10 15:28:27 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am having segment fault problems when trying to use the live library to decode
frames coming from multiple RTP streams.  I am setting up a seperate
UsageEnvironment, TaskScheduler, MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource and RTCPInstance for
each RTP source.   Each doEventLoop is on its own thread (using clone under
linux to create thread).  Eventually one of the threads triggers a SIGSEGV
signal. I notice that the documentation does not talk about thread safety.  Is
there a way to handle multiple RTP streams safely?

Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions,
Curt