[Live-devel] Newbie: How to make a MPEG-4 stream from list of frames and send to Darwin

Kleber Teraoka kleber at prismasistemas.com.br
Wed Aug 10 22:00:15 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm brand new to Live tools. I did some research and I think maybe someone
from Live can help me.

I need to upload a sequence of MPEG-4/JPEG compressed frames from a mobile
device to a server. The phone application take frames periodically,
compresses them (using JPEG or MPEG-4) and send them through a socket (UDP
or TCP) to a Server.

In the Server, I want to make an MPEG-4 (preferably) RTP stream and send
these RTP packets to Darwin, so I can make a RTSP session to be watched by
other phones.

I'm really stuck in this 'upload' part, where I need to make a stream from
compressed frames.

How can Live tools help me in this matter? I browsed the list, tested the
DarwinInjector and it worked. My guess is that will be useful.

What other tools would be helpful, so I can make this live MPEG-4 stream?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Ken.