[Live-devel] Problem handling multiple MPEG streams.

curt curt at showandtell.com
Thu Aug 11 12:14:36 PDT 2005

>>   Eventually one of the threads triggers a SIGSEGV signal. I notice that the
>> documentation does not talk about thread safety.
>
> Yes it does - see <http://www.live.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads>
>
> Everyone, *please* read the FAQ!!

Sorry about that, it does talk about it.

>>  Is there a way to handle multiple RTP streams safely?
>
> Note that you *don't* need to use multiple threads to receive multiple RTP
> streams.  Instead, you can just use a single thread (and UsageEnvironment and
> TaskScheduler and event loop).

That sounds perfect!  Is there a sample that illustrates how one would do this?
I cannot figure out how to use more than one RTP source with MediaSink.
MediaSink::startPlaying takes a single MediaSource.   Is there another way to
startPlay before running the eventloop?

Thanks in advance,
Curt