[Live-devel] RTPInfo in Seeking On demand rtsp content

Luca Piccarreta luca.piccarreta at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 02:22:25 PDT 2005

Hi all,
I just joined this list.
I've been playing a little bit with openrtsp library to try and build
an RTSP player (for research purposes).
Everything is (almost) ok, except for seeking.
There are a lot of garbage packets whenever seeking is performed.
This is not such an issue in streaming over TCP, but the problem
is much bigger in UDP streaming.
I suppose that one should read the seqNum field from the PLAY
command response, but
1) this is implemented in openrtsp only for the PlayMediaSubSession command
(which if I'm not wrong Darwin Streaming Server does not support)
2) the information is simply not used.

Well... I wrote the code for parsing the PLAY command response, but
it's not that easy to pass this information to the various RTP sources.
Am I missing something?
Am I doing something useful/intelligent?
Can one assume that rtpinfo contains RTP sync information for all the
subsessions?
(It is valid in my case, but I'm not sure it's always valid)
How do I obtain a pointer from a subsession to an RTP source in order to say
to it
"discard everything until you see this RTP packet...."

Thanks in advance for any help
Luca Piccarreta