[Live-devel] Audio Video Synchronization

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Aug 28 13:19:39 PDT 2005

>I am using a LIVE.COm library in the client side and Iam using Helix
>server to stream out the Video stream(MPEG Elementary) to the client.
>I have diabled the RTCP communication due to limitations in our
>client hardware

Then you lose - sorry.  RTCP (in particular, the reception/handling
of RTCP "Sender Report" (SR) packets from the server) is necessary in
order for audio/video synchronization to work.

RTCP is not an optional feature; it must be supported (and is easily
implemented in the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code, simply by
creating a "RTCPInstance" for each "RTPSource" object).

What 'hardware limitations' do you believe prevent you from supporting RTCP?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>