[Live-devel] TransportStreamFramer latency?

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 01:36:17 PDT 2005

Hi.
I have finally gotten my Aminocom STB up and running, and have of
course hit some rough sea. The problem is not getting the thing to
play correctly, cause it does, but to get it to play smoothly. What I
experience is that from time to time i get small glitches in sound or
picture, both at once, or just one of them (or both at once but one
without me being able to detect it). It could seem like a buffer
underrun or overrun.

After some checking I am still not able to make out the source of the
problem. To me it seems like TransportStreamFramer uses the time
between PCR divided by the number of TS packets (or groups of TS
packets GOTS) to determine the delay befor the scheduler will return
and ask for another group of TS packets. Is this correct? Does this
not mean that the delay to next GOTS will be sent after the supposed
delay plus the time it takes to run the TransportStreamFramer code?

I have most likely not understood this correctly, but in case I have,
then this would need a fix.

Thanks.

-Morgan Tørvolt-