[Live-devel] Receive MPEG using RTSP over HTTP...

Joseph Lazar jlazar at xperts.hu
Tue Dec 6 20:20:57 PST 2005

Ross Finlayson wrote:

>> I have the following problem. I have an mpeg streamer device (a
>> camera) which delivers a stream via RTSP over HTTP. I want to split
>> the stream up to video and audio, and further the video to GOPs. Is
>> there a way I could do it with live555?
>

> Yes, you can use "openRTSP", with the "-T <http-port-number>" option.
> See <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/#other-options>

For giving a first try I made the following:

./openRTSP -V -T 80 -u root pass rtsp://192.168.7.70/mpeg4/media.sdp

Somehow it could not be authenticated but I don't know why (I cound do
it by hand using the above suppled name and pwd). The output is in the
attachement.

> This will give you separate audio and video files.  If you wish to
> process just the video stream (to get GOPs), then you can do so using
> the "-v" option, and piping 'stdout' (which will be the video stream
> only) to a filter application that you would write.  (This filter
> application might use a modification of "MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer".)
>
> Alternatively, you could modify the existing "openRTSP"
> ("playCommon.cpp") code to add a filter in front of the "FileSink"
> object (for video data only).  In this case, the filter could use a
> modification of "MPEG1or2VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".
>

>     Ross Finlayson
>     Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
>     <http://www.live555.com/>

Requesting RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling (on port 80)

Sending request: GET /mpeg4/media.sdp HTTP/1.0
x-sessioncookie: bf0907c845720d88ddc39a6
Accept: application/x-rtsp-tunnelled
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache

Received HTTP GET response: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized