[Live-devel] Receive MPEG using RTSP over HTTP...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 6 17:14:39 PST 2005

>For giving a first try I made the following:
>
>./openRTSP -V -T 80 -u root pass rtsp://192.168.7.70/mpeg4/media.sdp
>
>Somehow it could not be authenticated but I don't know why

OK, the problem was that your server asks for authentication for the
initial HTTP "GET", which is something that the "LIVE555 Streaming
Media" code doesn't yet handle.  (Instead, it handles authentication
for the subsequent RTSP "DESCRIBE" command, which is what the Darwin
Streaming Server expects.)

I believe I can fix this problem in the LIVE555 code.  However, it
would help me a lot if you could make an example stream available (on
a publically accessible server).  If you can do this, please send me
a working "rtsp://" URL, and an example username,password pair.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>