[Live-devel] Live Streaming Device

Pering, Trevor trevor.pering at intel.com
Wed Dec 14 00:35:08 PST 2005

Hello -- I'm trying to follow the FAQ where it describes:

-- But what about the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" test program (for
streaming via unicast)? How can I modify it so that it takes input from
a live source instead of from a file?

(Eventually I want to feed it from a H264 encoder, but for right now I'm
just feeding it a sequence of frames saved to files -- one file per
frame, which I generated from a working MPEG4 file streamer).

I'm having some trouble getting it working.  Basically, I can connect to
the server (from Quicktime), and it reads one frame from my source, then
it sits there for a while, and eventually says "Bad Request". Actually,
it reads the first frame twice (creates two sources for one request).
I've tried the same with the openRTSP test program (included below),
with the same results on the server side.

Any thoughts on where to start looking?  What would cause the system to
read one frame, but no more? I've poked around quite a bit but I can't
figure out why it's not going anywhere. Some things I've done that I'm
not sure about:

* I commented out most of the stuff in getAuxSDPLine(), so it just
returns NULL. This is because I don't have/undestand the stuff that this
function supplies.

* In my source, I just set fPresentationTime to gettimeofday when the
class is created, and increment it by a fixed time (100ms) for each
frame. Similar, fDurationInMicroseconds is fixed at 100ms.

* doGetNextFrame() just returns the frame immediately from the source
file. deliverFrame() is never called/used.

Thanks,
	Trevor

tpering at silver:testProgs/ >./openRTSP -m
rtsp://172.25.113.34:8554/H264IPPLive
Opened URL "rtsp://172.25.113.34:8554/H264IPPLive", returning a SDP
v=0
o=- 1134551837393717 1 IN IP4 172.25.113.34
s=Session streamed by "testOnDemandRTSPServer"
i=H264IPPLive
t=0 0
a=tool:LIVE555 Streaming Media v2005.12.09
a=type:broadcast
a=control:*
a=range:npt=0-
a=x-qt-text-nam:Session streamed by "testOnDemandRTSPServer"
a=x-qt-text-inf:H264IPPLive
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
a=rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/90000
a=control:track1

Created receiver for "video/MP4V-ES" subsession (client ports
32788-32789)
Setup "video/MP4V-ES" subsession (client ports 32788-32789)
Created output file: "video-MP4V-ES-1"
Started playing session
Receiving streamed data (signal with "kill -HUP 9138" or "kill -USR1
9138" to terminate)...