[Live-devel] Live Streaming Device

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 14 01:08:25 PST 2005

>* doGetNextFrame() just returns the frame immediately from the source
>file. deliverFrame() is never called/used.

You have to do everything that's described in the "deliverFrame()"
code.  (If - as is the case for you - you are reading your data
synchronously, you can get away with just calling "deliverFrame()" as
a function from within "doGetNextFrame()".)

Because you're reading from a set of files, you may be able to use
the existing "ByteStreamMultiFileSource" class, rather than writing
your own source class.

>* I commented out most of the stuff in getAuxSDPLine(), so it just
>returns NULL. This is because I don't have/undestand the stuff that this
>function supplies.

Unfortunately you will need this working in order for QT Player (or
VLC, or any other compliant player) to be able to decode and play the stream.

The issue here is that the SDP description (returned in response to
the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command) needs to contain "config" information
about the stream.  Unfortunately (in the case of MPEG-4 video), this
information can only be obtained by reading the start of the
stream.  So, the code ends up reading the input MPEG-4 video stream
twice: Once to get the "config" information, and again to actually
stream the data.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>