[Live-devel] How to download a RTSP stream data into a file?

j y yunjnz at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 16:32:59 PST 2005

Thank you for your reply.
  I used the -V command, and the output are two files: audio and video.
  but I compared the two files with the related part of the original file,
  there are a little different.
  In my opinion, I want to download the whole RTSP file to local.
  the original file will be MPEG2-TS file or MPEG4 file,
  I use Helix as the RTSP server.

  I attached the command line output.

  Thank you again.
  Sean

Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

>I want to download a RTSP stream data into a file, I tried openRTSP
>program, but I found that the result file isn't the same as the original file.
>could you help me for this issue?

What type of file is "the original file'?

What type of server were you using to stream it?

What is the "openRTSP" command line that you used (please include the
"-V" option), and what was its command-line output?

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)

http://mail.yahoo.com