[Live-devel] Darwin Streaming Server and Audio Problem

Keith kgurganus at 650dialup.com
Thu Feb 17 20:43:00 PST 2005

I'm working on an audio broadcasting implementation with LIVE.COM and Darwin
Streaming Server.  I have a QuickTime audio encoder which I am broadcasting
to a DSS server.  I can play the audio back fine with the QuickTime Player.
However, with LIVE.COM, I am having problems.  I get the audio packets
seemingly OK.  They seem to be the right size.  I also use the generic QT
packetizer for audio.  When I decode the audio packets and write it to a
.wav file (for testing) it is not producing the audio that I expected.  I've
posted a sample .wav file on my site.  It's kinda large at 1.8 mb so be
aware.

www.zygodigital.com/audiotest/audio.wav

I shouldn't be dropping any samples as the CPU load is around 5% and I am
polling constantly. But I will not rule anything out.  Perhaps someone could
give me some suggestions.

TIA,

- Keith