[Live-devel] Using the ReorderingPacketBuffer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Feb 20 10:49:52 PST 2005

At 06:59 AM 2/20/05, you wrote:
>Hi:
>I'm using two RTP interfaces in the "MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource" which
>receive packets from  the sender. One of them is a normal receiver,
>while the other receives FEC packets and computes the original
>packets. I have the following queries regarding the setup:
>
>- Is it alright if the network background read handlers of both the
>interfaces update the ReorderingPacketBuffer?
>- My understanding is that the ReorderingPacketBuffer will
>automatically delete duplicate packets for me, so I continuously
>compute FEC packets and add them to the ReorderingBuffer (which is
>receiving packets from the normal RTP interface as well). I hope this
>is fine.

Note that "ReorderingPacketBuffer" works from a single sequence number
space.  If your 'normal' packets and your 'FEC-computed' packets use the
same sequence number space, then what you're trying to do should work.

However, since you've modified the original code, I don't know exactly what
you've done, so there's only so much I can do to help.  Remember, You Have
Complete Source Code.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>