[Live-devel] Sending BYE in RTCPInstance destructor

Alessandro Gaiarin alessandro.gaiarin at radiotrevisan.com
Mon Jan 10 10:27:48 PST 2005

Hi everyone
Thanks to live libraries and your help i reached my goals and my boss is
happy...but i have one more problem to solve.
Every time RTCPIntance destructor is called, a BYE message is sent; so
if another RTP client is connected to the same hub or switch of the
machine where that BYE is sent from, it receives it and terminates
connection to the server. I think this should not happen; Is it
necessary for the client to send a BYE in RTCPIntance destructor? I'm
using SSM (just in case...).
Thank you

Alessandro Gaiarin