[Live-devel] Patch request and question

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Jan 21 01:15:12 PST 2005

http://www.dmn.tzi.org/ietf/mmusic/47/id/draft-sheedy-mmusic-rtsp-ext
-00.txt

draft from nCUBE Corporation for their MediaCube VoD server platform
(see extract below)

Basically they added ideas/formalization for Satellite and other types
of transport common in the TV world.
Not such a bad idea actually, but also shows that RTSP definitely needs
an official all encompasing RTSP2 standard, since atm everyone is just
taking and implementing what they need and when they need it.

DJ