[Live-devel] Patch request and question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jan 20 16:33:25 PST 2005

At 04:15 PM 1/20/05, you wrote:
>http://www.dmn.tzi.org/ietf/mmusic/47/id/draft-sheedy-mmusic-rtsp-ext -00.txt
>
>draft from nCUBE Corporation for their MediaCube VoD server platform
>(see extract below)

Thanks.

>>2.4  Transport/Profile/Lower-Transport Combinations
>>
>>    Only the following combinations of protocols, profiles, and lower
>>    transports are meaningful:
>>
>>         MP2T/H2221/AAL5-PVC
>>         MP2T/H2221/AAL5-SVC
>>         MP2T/DVBC/QAM
>>         MP2T/DVBC/ASI

Hmm - However, this doesn't explain "M2TP/H2221/UDP".  Perhaps this really
is nothing more than MPEG-2 Transport Stream in raw UDP packets - i.e., the
same as the "RAW/RAW/UDP" that we're currently testing for?  Could Jason
Davis (the person who started this thread) please check this?  If so, we
can just add "M2TP/H2221/UDP" to the existing "if" statement that checks
for MPEG-2 Transport-over-raw UDP.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>