[Live-devel] Patch request and question

Jason Davis jason.lee.davis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 08:57:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:22:23 -0800, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com> wrote:

> >First, can someone please add the following line to the class
> >definition of MediaSubsession in MediaSession.hh to add access to the
> >rtp payload type:
> >
> >unsigned char rtpPayloadFormat() const { return fRTPPayloadFormat; }
>
> Are you sure you really need this?  If you've already called "initiate()",
> you can also get this value by calling
>          subsession->rtpSource()->rtpPayloadFormat()

I would like to have this since I am using my own (very specialized
and minimalistic) RTP implementation, I just want the live stack for
the RTSP capabilities.

> >Second, I have run into a RTSP server that expects "M2TP/H2221/UDP" in
> >the SETUP message instead of the RAW/RAW/UDP like Kaseena uses to
> >setup a MPEG2-TS connection over UDP.  Unfortunately the capture I
> >have doesn't tell me what type of server this is.  Is anyone familiar
> >with it?
>
> I've never seen "M2TP/H2221/UDP" before.  As far as I can tell, it's
> totally non-standard.  (I have no idea what "H2221" is supposed to mean, or
> how such a stream differs from just raw MPEG-2 Transport over UDP.)
>
> >Is it possible to interoperate with it without modifying the live stack?
>
> Probably not.

The stream is raw MPEG2-TS over UDP.  Unfortunately looking at the
DESCRIBE response they don't put the M2TP/H2221/UDP in the SDP, it
looks like it is advertising an MPEG-2 TS stream over RTP.  But it
will only accept a SETUP with that particular payload description .  I
guess my only option is to send the default SETUP, wait for the 416
response, then try the M2TP one to see if it works.

Unfortunately my capture doesn't have an OPTIONS request so I can't
determine whether it is possible to identify an nCube server by this
method.  I can provide the capture on Monday if anyone is interested.