[Live-devel] RTSP Seek problems

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jan 24 02:52:45 PST 2005

>I'd like to do the simpliest as possible implementation of the live lib.
>For that
>I will need to know the original stream PTS

For that, you are going to have to parse the MPEG media yourself - to do
whatever you need to do to handle discontinuities in the MPEG media.  I.e.,
it is the responsibility of the VLC code (i.e., above the LIVE.COM library)
to deal with this discontinuity, because - as I noted in my last message -
the same kind of discontinuities can occur when playing local files (i.e.,
if the files have been edited in some way).

Because this is not an issue that's specific to MPEG RTP streams, you
should probably post follow-up questions to the "vlc-devel" mailing list,
rather than to this list.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>