[Live-devel] RTSP Seek problems

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jan 24 08:25:14 PST 2005

Philippe,

To follow up on my previous response, I'd like to get clarification on one
point:

Will it help you at all if you (by "you", I mean the developer of the VLC
"livedotcom.cpp" code, that interfaces between the LIVE.COM library and the
rest of VLC) can know, exactly, where the discontinuity occurs?  In
particular, will it help you at all if you can know, for sure, that all
incoming RTP frames that arrive after you've done the seek will contain
data that was sent after the server handled the seek operation?

If this is something that is going to be helpful to you, then I can
probably modify the LIVE.COM library to make this happen.

However, one thing that I *can't* do is indicate the discontinuity in the
presentation time stamp that's passed to the 'afterGettingFunc' (for VLC,
this is "StreamRead()").  The reason for this is that this presentation
time is a *continuous* sequence of time that represents the time at which
incoming data should be *rendered* by the client.  It does not indicate any
discintinuities in the original source data.

So, now that I've made that clear, can you explain, again, whether it will
help you if you can know, exactly, where the discontinuity occurs?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>