[Live-devel] About how to Build LiveMedia with C++ Builder 5.0.

David Wu davidw at aten-ca.com
Tue Jan 25 15:44:35 PST 2005

Dear developers,

The current instructions for how to Build LiveMedia with C++ Builder is not clear and right. I have wrote a new one, according to what I did when I tried to build LiveMedia with C++ Builder 5.0. Maybe it should be post on the web for the convenience of others.

1. In file win32config.Borland
Change
TOOLS32 =  C:\Progra~1\Borland\CBuilder5
according to where the local C++ Bulider locates,
for example
TOOLS32 =  D:\Progra~1\Borland\CBuilder5

2. Use following DOS command to create makefile(s) in the folders of BasicUsageEnvironment,UsageEnvironment,GroupSock,LiveMedia,TestProgs
copy makefile.head+..\win32config.borland+makefile.tail Makefile /y

3. In makefile(s) of BasicUsageEnvironment,UsageEnvironment,GroupSock,LiveMedia

Replace line:
$(LIBRARY_LINK)$@ $(LIBRARY_LINK_OPTS) $(OBJS)
with the following line:
$(LIBRARY_LINK) $@ $(LIBRARY_LINK_OPTS) $(OBJS)

Notes: Just add one space before $@ is enough.
Now it is ok to run Make in the folders of BasicUsageEnvironment,UsageEnvironment,GroupSock,
but not for the folders of LiveMedia and TestProgs.

4. In LiveMedia folder

a. Remove lines that uses _setmode function from inputfile.cpp, outputfile.cpp

b. Change _strnicmp to strnicmp in RTSPServer.cpp, RTSPClient.cpp, SIPClient.cpp

c. Change fabsf function to fabs function in ServerMediaSession.cpp

Now it is ok to run Make in the folder of LiveMedia.

4. TestProgs
a.  Change every \ to / in following lines
USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_DIR = ..\UsageEnvironment
USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_LIB = $(USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_DIR)\libUsageEnvironment.$(LIB_SUFFIX)
BASIC_USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_DIR = ..\BasicUsageEnvironment
BASIC_USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_LIB = $(BASIC_USAGE_ENVIRONMENT_DIR)\libBasicUsageEnvironment.$(LIB_SUFFIX)
LIVEMEDIA_DIR = ..\liveMedia
LIVEMEDIA_LIB = $(LIVEMEDIA_DIR)\libliveMedia.$(LIB_SUFFIX)
GROUPSOCK_DIR = ..\groupsock
GROUPSOCK_LIB = $(GROUPSOCK_DIR)\libgroupsock.$(LIB_SUFFIX)

b.
Replace Line:
LIBS_FOR_CONSOLE_APPLICATION = cw32 import32
with following line:
LIBS_FOR_CONSOLE_APPLICATION = cw32.lib import32.lib

c.
Replace Line:
$(LINK)$@ $(???????????) $(?????????????) $(LIBS)
with following line:

For example:

Replace
testMP3Streamer$(EXE): $(MP3_STREAMER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
 $(LINK)$@ $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MP3_STREAMER_OBJS) $(LIBS)
with
testMP3Streamer$(EXE): $(MP3_STREAMER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
 $(LINK) $@ $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MP3_STREAMER_OBJS) $(LIBS)

Notes: Just add one space before $@ is enough.

Now it is ok to run Make in the folder of TestProgs.