[Live-devel] About how to Build LiveMedia with C++ Builder 5.0.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jan 25 18:27:50 PST 2005

>1. In file "Win32config.Borland",
>The Line:
>       LIBS_FOR_CONSOLE_APPLICATION = cw32 import32
>should be changed to:
>       LIBS_FOR_CONSOLE_APPLICATION = cw32.lib import32.lib

OK, done now.  Thanks.

>  2. In file "Media.hh",
>I don't know how to merge the following changes into Media.hh, according
>to your opinion:
>a. in file "inputfile.cpp", "outputfile.cpp",
>fucntion "_setmode" has to be removed or remarked.

Are you sure that there's no "setmode()" function (i.e., without the
underscore)??  This call is important, to ensure that the stream is
written/read in binary mode.

If there's no "setmode()" (or "_setmode()") in the Borland libraries, then
how do you tell an input (or output) stream that it should be read
(written) in binary mode?

>b. in file "RTSPServer.cpp", "RTSPClient.cpp", "SIPClient.cpp",
>define "_strnicmp" has to be changed to "strnicmp".
>c. in file "ServerMediaSession.cpp",
>fucntion "fabsf"  has to be changed to function "fabs".

OK, but you can get this effect by changing the #ifdef in
"liveMedia/include/Media.hh" to:

#ifdef __BORLANDC__
#define _setmode setmode
#define _O_BINARY O_BINARY
#define _strnicmp strnicmp
#define fabsf(x) fabs(x)
#endif

>3.
>In
><<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/borland-additional-instructions.txt>http://www.live.com/liveMedia/borland-additional-instructions.txt>,
>there are something like that:
>2. Edit Makefile.tail:
>Replace line:
>
>         $(LIBRARY_LINK)$@ $(LIBRARY_LINK_OPTS) $(OBJS)
>
>with the following 3 lines:
>
>         $(LIBRARY_LINK) $@ @&&!
>+-)
>!
>
>However, the above doesn't work with C++ Builder 5.0. Actually, it is very
>simple to fix the problem here. Just putting an extra blank between
>$(LIBRARY_LINK) and $@, it will become ok.

OK, I'll change the instructions accordingly.  Thanks.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>