[Live-devel] About how to Build LiveMedia with C++ Builder 5.0.

David Wu davidw at aten-ca.com
Tue Jan 25 18:12:51 PST 2005

  Dear Ross,

  1. In file "Win32config.Borland",
  The Line:
        LIBS_FOR_CONSOLE_APPLICATION = cw32 import32
  should be changed to:
        LIBS_FOR_CONSOLE_APPLICATION = cw32.lib import32.lib

  2. In file "Media.hh",
  I don't know how to merge the following changes into Media.hh, according to your opinion:
  a. in file "inputfile.cpp", "outputfile.cpp",
  fucntion "_setmode" has to be removed or remarked.
  b. in file "RTSPServer.cpp", "RTSPClient.cpp", "SIPClient.cpp",
  define "_strnicmp" has to be changed to "strnicmp".
  c. in file "ServerMediaSession.cpp",
  fucntion "fabsf"  has to be changed to function "fabs".

  3. In  <http://www.live.com/liveMedia/borland-additional-instructions.txt>, there are something like that:
    2. Edit Makefile.tail:
    Replace line:

            $(LIBRARY_LINK)$@ $(LIBRARY_LINK_OPTS) $(OBJS)

    with the following 3 lines:

            $(LIBRARY_LINK) $@ @&&!
    +-$(**: = &^
    +-)
    !

  However, the above doesn't work with C++ Builder 5.0. Actually, it is very simple to fix the problem here. Just putting an extra blank between $(LIBRARY_LINK) and $@, it will become ok. In some editor, it looks like there is a blank between them, but actually there isn't.

  4. Again, in  <http://www.live.com/liveMedia/borland-additional-instructions.txt>, there are something like that:
    9. Edit Makefile.tail:

    Change all occurrences of / to \

    All lines that look like:
            $(LINK)$@ $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(...WHATEVER..._OBJS) $(LIBS)

    should be changed to:
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(...SAME..WHATEVER..._OBJS),$@,,$(LIBS),,

    Eventually it should end up this way:

    testMP3Streamer$(EXE):  $(MP3_STREAMER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MP3_STREAMER_OBJS), $@,,$(LIBS),,
    testMP3Receiver$(EXE):  $(MP3_RECEIVER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MP3_RECEIVER_OBJS), $@,,$(LIBS),,
    testRelay$(EXE):        $(RELAY_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(RELAY_OBJS), $@,,$(LIBS),,
    testMPEGSplitter$(EXE): $(MPEG_SPLITTER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MPEG_SPLITTER_OBJS), $@,,$(LIBS),,
    testMPEGVideoStreamer$(EXE):    $(MPEG_VIDEO_STREAMER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MPEG_VIDEO_STREAMER_OBJS),$@,,$(LIBS),,
    testMPEGVideoReceiver$(EXE):    $(MPEG_VIDEO_RECEIVER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MPEG_VIDEO_RECEIVER_OBJS),$@,,$(LIBS),,
    testMPEGAudioVideoStreamer$(EXE):       $(MPEG_AUDIO_VIDEO_STREAMER_OBJS)
    $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(MPEG_AUDIO_VIDEO_STREAMER_OBJS),$@,,$(LIBS),,
    openRTSP$(EXE): $(OPEN_RTSP_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(OPEN_RTSP_OBJS), $@,,$(LIBS),,
    testMCT$(EXE):  $(TEST_MCT_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(TEST_MCT_OBJS), $@,,$(LIBS),,
    testGSMStreamer$(EXE):  $(GSM_STREAMER_OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBS)
            $(LINK) $(CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS) $(GSM_STREAMER_OBJS), $@,,$(LIBS),,
  The same problem happens here. Just putting an extra blank between $(LINK) and $@ , it will be ok. It isn't necessary to do like above.

  Best regards,

  David Wu