[Live-devel] Dynamic Add/Remove session

Saswat Praharaj saswat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:56:38 PDT 2005

Ryan,

I just saw this communication going on and replying , I may just be
out of sync...

Well as far your question goes, you can implement a keepalive
mechanism,where client/server send a messege at some interval to
determine if the other party is alive.

If any of client or server is dead,the other party can gracefully
terminate the connection and
free all the resouces.

As far my knowledge goes keep-alive is not a standard RTSP feature(I
may be wrong).

Thanks and Regards,
-Saswat