[Live-devel] Wedging live into a Mac application

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Fri Jul 8 00:45:08 PDT 2005

Hello All,

I just wanted to make sure I'm not doing something "suboptimal".

I am integrating an RTSPServer inside my Macintosh application. Using
the sample code, the very end of which is

   env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(); // does not return

Obviously I could put this into its own thread, but I thought that
wasn't supposed to be necessary or desirable.

I wanted to InstallEventLoopTimer() and pass it a callback that calls
the taskScheduler->SingleStep( 0 ) to give it time to do its thing.

Problem is, of course, is that BasicTaskScheduler->SingleStep() is a
protected function, and does not appear to want to be called that way.

Am I missing something here? This seems like a completely reasonable
approach to implementing the RTSPServer within a Mac Application.

Thanks!

Neil Alexander