[Live-devel] Jerking in a Video-MPEG-ES

Eric Peters epeters at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Fri Jul 8 13:59:19 PDT 2005

Hello Ross,

perhaps I found a bug in the code or my used MPEG file is corrupt. The file is
recorded from a tvcard with mpeg encoder chip (IVTV). There weren't any problems
with files from the tvcard so far. The original file is a mpeg1 program stream.
For test issues I demuxed the file and I received a mpeg1 elementary video
stream. I made the tests with the actual live media testOnDemandStreamingServer
version 2005_07_01. On the one hand the original file is received without any
jerking but audio and video aren't synchronous. On the other hand with the
demuxed file there is jerking on the client side. As client I used VLC.

I put the two files on the web (http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/~epeters). I tried
to fix this problem. But I didn't know enough about MPEG streams. I think you
have there better knowledge.

Thanks in advance.
Eric