[Live-devel] Jerking in a Video-MPEG-ES

Eric Peters epeters at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Mon Jul 11 12:56:23 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,

thank you for your fast answer and solution. The fix works very fine.

Ross Finlayson wrote:

> I still find, however, that A/V sync is a little bit off.  I suspect
> (but am not certain) that this is because your encoded video stream does
> not begin with a MPEG Video Sequence Header (instead, the first Video
> Sequence Header occurs a short distance (time) into the stream).

But now I have still A/V sync problems on the client side. Do you know the byte
code for this video header you mentioned above? Do you mean the packet start
code (0x000001BA), the system header start code (0x000001BB) or the packet start
code, e.g 0x000001e0 for video?

Thanks
Eric