[Live-devel] little problem

hornsby adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 14:31:31 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,

I'm havin some final troubles in my splicing program, let me explain :

I have in doGetNextFrame() :

 fInputSource1->getNextFrame(fTo, fMaxSize, afterGettingFrame, this,
FramedSource::handleClosure, this);

then in afterGettingFrame1( unsigned frameSize) I determine an optimum
position to splice my stream with another inputSource (position is similar to
syncBytePosition in MPEG2TransportStreamFramer) mine is called
PESTailPosition.

after I call the second Input to receive data starting from the position of
the PESTailPosition with :

 fInputSource2-> getNextFrame(&fTo[PESTailPosition*TRANSPORT_PACKET_SIZE],
fMaxSize, afterGettingFrame, this, FramedSource::handleClosure, this);

Splicing work great (better than expected :) ) but I am not as fast as I could
because I receive a full frame while I should just receive "frame -
(PESTailPosition*TRANSPORT_PACKET_SIZE)", so I always miss "PESTailPosition"
TS packets.
anytime I change fMaxSize; it doesn't effect anything.
I check the continuity using the continuity_counter in the TS stream
corresponding to video_packets.

When the PESTailPosition is at position 0 of the fTo, everything work very
well since the size of the frame I receive from inputsource2 is exactly what
I need.

What do I do Wrong please ??
I'm now cleaning the code to prepare for public release but it would be great
if the speed would be optimised.

thanks very much again.