[Live-devel] newbie questions

Saswat Praharaj saswat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:01:39 PDT 2005

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and relatively new to rtp/rtsp.

I have a few questions , hope someone from the group will answer.

I would like to have a rtsp client which will connect to the Kasenna
mediabase server i.e.
I would like to have a basic RTSP and RTP implemntation.

Q-1 Is livemedia library compatible with Kasenna ?

I saw some earlier postings on this but I don't know the current status.
If not supported, how much effort will be required to get a basic
client working with Kasenna.

Q-2 What is the performance/memory usage of liveMedia libarary(openRTSP client).
       How can I costumize the library , so that I would use things I
need and not compile things that I don't require. I would run it in an
embedded environment so executable size and memory requirement will
play a big roal.

Q-3 I would need to run it in mips platform. Apart from changing the
makefile, are there any processor specific customization that I may
need to do in the code base ?

Thanks for your time.

TIA,
-Saswat