[Live-devel] newbie questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jul 13 02:01:05 PDT 2005

>Q-1 Is livemedia library compatible with Kasenna ?

Partially.  The problem here is that the 'Kasenna' server is a piece of
junk, and it's use of RTSP is grossly non-standard.

However, if you set the "allowKasennaProtocol" parameter in
"RTSPClient::describeURL()" to True, then you'll get a RTSP client that can
allegedly talk to 'Kasenna' servers.

However, I suggest that you instead use a real, standards-compliant RTSP
server - such as Apple's "Darwin Streaming Server", or LIVE.COM's own
"RTSPServer" implementation (as demonstrated by the
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application).

>Q-2 What is the performance/memory usage of liveMedia libarary(openRTSP
>client).

You'll have to figure this out for yourself.  Remember, You Have Complete
Source Code.

>Q-3 I would need to run it in mips platform. Apart from changing the
>makefile, are there any processor specific customization that I may
>need to do in the code base ?

I don't know.  The code is easily portable to most Unix systems, so I
suggest you try this for yourself.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>