[Live-devel] Dynamic Add/Remove session

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jul 13 01:52:49 PDT 2005

>Should I call the
>"RTSPServer::removeServerMediaSession()" after I set
>the "reclamationTestSeconds" in order for the server
>to reclaim itself? or I could set the
>"reclamationTestSeconds" and the server will reclaim
>the resource itself after the specific times?

You should call "RTSPServer::removeServerMediaSession()" only if you want
to remove the stream *name* from the server - i.e, if you want to stop any
future clients from looking up this particular stream name.

The "reclamationTestSeconds" parameter is completely separate from
this.  If set (to some value > 0), then it ensures that the resources for
any ongoing stream (but *not* the "ServerMediaSession" object) will get
reclaimed even if the client does not do a proper RTSP "TEARDOWN".

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>