[Live-devel] Segmentation fault in test programs

jdshelle at rockwellcollins.com jdshelle at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Jul 13 10:34:30 PDT 2005

Hello, all.

I've downloaded the most recent version of the live.com source and built
it on cygwin. I also built mplayer to use rtsp support, and enabled RTSP
support in the test programs. I set up one computer to stream from the
test****Streamer programs, and used another computer to receive the
stream.

I found that now if I connect with mplayer or VLC, everything works fine
until I click stop (VLC) or quit (mplayer). At this point, the
test***Streamer dies with a segmentation fault. When I built with debug
symbols and used gdb, it appears to always die in
RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::noteLiveness. Usually fOurServer is set to
NULL or to some other unreasonable value. This happens entirely
independent of what file I stream--I've been using a Green Day album, but
other MP3s break things as well. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix
out there?

-Jon Sheller