[Live-devel] testOnDemandRTSPServer and live VLC streaming

Alex Sadovsky alex_sad at list.ru
Sat Jul 16 02:23:59 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm capturing live video from iee1394 adaptor and transcoding it to mpeg2
transport stream with VLC 0.8.2.
I want to output stream from VLC to a pipe and stream from the pipe with
testOnDemandRTSP server. I'm playing stream from testOnDemandRTSPServer
with VLC on another machine.
Now I have a problem: client stops playing after some time and in message
window I see lots of "pts out of range" messages.
Everything is working ok if i stream directly from VLC using raw UDP
multicast, or if I save transcoding VLC output to a file, and point
testOndemandRTSPServer to recorded file.