[Live-devel] problem with Playing Mpeg-2 TS file thru testOnDemandRTSPServer

Parivallal Gopal g_parivallal at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 08:56:47 PDT 2005

Hello,
I have problem with VLC while
playing MMPEG-2 TS stream. The following is my setup.

Server - BCM7030 target board (MIPS processor) and
using vxWorks OS, crosscompiler - MIPS64gnu.

Client - VLC (V 0.8.0) media player on Windows2000
Server Code - Live.com V 2005.07.10

Problem description:
====================
1.While Playing Mpeg-2 TS file (named video001.mpg,
size 38MB with 188 bytes TS section) through
mpeg2TransportStreamTest,  I am getting disturbed
video. Following are log details at client side using
Ethreal
1. BitRate : 3.56 Mbs
2. RTP Sequence numbers are not coming properly.
   e.g
	Sequence number		Status
        ==============          =========
        60407		        OK
	60408			OK
	60409			OK
	60410			OK
	60411			OK
        -			-
	-			-
	-			-
	-			-
	60870			OK
	60921			NOT OK, Wrong seq nr
	60872			NOT OK, Wrong seq nr
	60873			NOT OK, Wrong seq nr
	60874			NOT OK, Wrong seq nr
	60953			NOT OK, Wrong seq nr
	60954			OK
	60877			NOT OK, Wrong seq nr
	60878			NOT OK, Wrong seq nr

>From the above log, we can find the sequence number
error that, I got the sequence number 60921 instead of
60871. similarly I got the sequence numbers 60953,
60954 instead of 60875, 60876 repsectively. Because of
this sequnce number error i am not getting proper
video & audio on VLC.
But when I checked on the server side, it is
generating & sending sequence number properly to the
client( this is checked through printf).

WORKING - on another target board
===========================
But When I tested the above said ts file is playing
properly for the following setup.
Server - BCM7320 target board (MIPS processor) and
using vxWorks OS, crosscompiler - MIPS64gnu.

Client - VLC (V 0.8.0) media player on Windows2000
Server Code - Live.com V 2005.07.10 .
Log Info
======
1. BitRate : 3.98 Mbs
2. RTP Sequence numbers are not coming properly.
   e.g
	Sequence number		Status
        ==============          =========
        60407			OK
	60408			OK
	60409			OK
	60410			OK
	60411			OK
        -			-
	-			-
	till end of Packet	OK

Could you please send me your suggestion/solution for
the above said problem(BCM7030). Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Paari