[Live-devel] Can I control the Client Number?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jul 20 02:39:02 PDT 2005

>I wanna control the client number with testOnDemandRTSPServer streaming
>MP4 Video.
>How could I do this/

You can do this by modifying the "RTSPServer" code - in particular, by
checking "ServerMediaSession::referenceCount()" to see how many clients are
already streaming the file.

I suggest adding this check in
"RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_DESCRIBE()", just after the call
to "lookupServerMediaSession()".

If you choose not to handle the client request, you should then send an
appropriate error response, and then call "delete this" (to reclaim all
resources associated with the client request that you no longer wish to
handle).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>