[Live-devel] recommended practice for reducing the size of applications based on live media?

Clem Taylor clem.taylor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 23:11:12 PDT 2005

I'm using the live media library to stream MP4-ES video data. I need
to free up some space in the flash and the rtspd seems to be a good
candidate for a diet. The rtspd binary contains code for all the media
types even though I am only serving MP4 video data.

I was wondering if there is a recommended practice to reducing the
library size with a minimal impact to the code. Up to this point I
haven't made any changes to the core library source, all my changes
are outside of the library. Filling the code with a pile of #ifdefs
will make updating to the new version a bit of a pain.

                          Thanks,
                          Clem