[Live-devel] recommended practice for reducing the size of applications based on live media?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jul 26 13:47:43 PDT 2005

At 07:11 PM 7/25/2005, you wrote:
>I'm using the live media library to stream MP4-ES video data. I need
>to free up some space in the flash and the rtspd seems to be a good
>candidate for a diet. The rtspd binary contains code for all the media
>types even though I am only serving MP4 video data.

I'm not sure what you mean by "rtspd", but I assume that it is your
RTSP server binary, similar to the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo program.

>I was wondering if there is a recommended practice to reducing the
>library size with a minimal impact to the code.

If you wish to build only a RTSP server, and not a RTSP client, then
you can probably remove the following from the "liveMedia" library
         RTSPClient.o
         DarwinInjector.o
         All "*RTPSource.o" (*except* "RTPSource.o"; you must keep this)
         AVIFileSink.o
         QuickTimeFileSink.o
         MediaSession.o

You can also remove "*RTPSink.o", "*ServerMediaSubsession.o" and
"*Framer.o" for any media types that you are *not* planning to serve.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>