[Live-devel] PlayBack Control on JPEG Streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jul 26 13:30:00 PDT 2005

At 06:21 PM 7/25/05, you wrote:
>Currently I plan to implement Fastforward, Rewind, Seek, and Stop.
>Still working on the implementation, but having problem to see the
>effect since I could not pass the command to it.
>
>As I know, the latest RTSP protocol does not support these PB control
>function.

No, that's incorrect.  The RTSP protocol supports all of these.  As
does the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code - in general.  *However*,
much of the implementation of these operations is media (codec)
specific, and these operations have not yet been implemented for all codecs.

For more information, see
<http://lists.live.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-March/002086.html>

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM