[Live-devel] PlayBack Control on JPEG Streaming

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:01:16 PDT 2005

Hi.

Just for fun, I have made an implementation for
   virtual float duration() const;
and
   virtual void seekStreamSource(FramedSource* inputSource, float seekNPT);
in the MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession class. Currently the
seekStream does not work very well, even in theory, as I just jump to
fileSize*(seekNPT/duration), and continue from there. My problem is
that none of my media players recognize that TS streams now are
seekable. I don't even get a slider.
Running vlc with debug enabled, I get:
a=range:npt=0-70.016
, so it seems like it is getting the time information correctly. Is
there more to this than just those two functions?

Thanks
-Morgan-