[Live-devel] H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession and H263plusVideoStreamFramer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Jun 5 12:48:35 PDT 2005

>for our project we now also need to support H263.
>I read the discussion so far on that topic.
>I assume nobody wrote the H263plusVideoStreamFramer yet ?

No, not yet (as far as I know).

>  Would you recommend to base such a Framer on the FramedFilter class or
> on the MPEGVideoStreamFramer?

I don't know enough about H.263 to be sure, but I would first try using
"MPEGVideoStreamFramer" as a base class (e.g., using
"MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer" as a model).

>Or does anybody know a simpler solution? Like an encoder/or transcoder
>that writes the h263 output in frames that can be read by the FramedFileSource

It's always better to have an input source that delivers single, discrete
frames, rather than a continuous, unframed byte stream, because in the
formet case you either don't need a 'Framer' filter at all, or else need
just a much simpler, 'DiscreteFramer' that just computes presentation times.

(Unfortunately the 'event-loop' model that the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media"
code uses can make it rather difficult to parse unstructured input byte
streams, because reads (of this input data) are asynchronous.  That's why
several of the "*Framer" classes are so complicated.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>