[Live-devel] AC3 Audio

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Jun 6 15:45:55 PDT 2005

>I am trying the AC3 streaming, but it isn't working,
>I am using a ByteStreamFileSource, what is wrong?
>
>Sample:
>
>sink = AC3AudioRTPSink::createNew(*env, &sock, 100,
>48000);
>
>ByteStreamFileSource* fSource
>     = ByteStreamFileSource::createNew(*env, fileName);
>source =
>AC3AudioStreamFramer::createNew(*env,fSource);
>sink->startPlaying(*source, afterPlaying, sink);

That should work, provided that the input AC3 data is in the format that
"AC3AudioStreamFramer" expects (the same data format that comes from a
".vob" file, for example), and has 'stream code' 0x80 (the default
parameter value).

Note, though, that "AC3AudioRTPSink" (and "AC3AudioRTPSource") have not
kept track of recent changes to the AC3 RTP payload format that's currently
being standardized in the IETF.  If you use the current "AC3AudioRTPSink",
then you won't be able to receive/play the stream with anything other than
"VLC" or "MPlayer" (which both use the current "AC3AudioRTPSource").

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>