[Live-devel] StreamParser internal error (149999+ 4 > 150000)

Clem Taylor clem.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:12:12 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm just starting to play around with live (using the 2005.06.07
release) and I've run in to a bit of a problem. StreamParser seems to
be walking off the end of its buffer when trying to parse my
elementary streams. testMPEG4VideoStreamer fails with:
    StreamParser internal error (149999+ 4 > 150000)

The elementary stream I am using plays back just fine with ffplay. I
wrote a quickie start code parser to verify that the start codes and
the stream has the standard start codes:

offset +   size : start code  : description
     0 +      1 : 00 00 01 B0 : VOS start
     5 +      2 : 00 00 01 B5 : VO
    11 +      0 : 00 00 01 00 : video object start 0
    15 +     13 : 00 00 01 20 : video object layer start 0
    32 +     15 : 00 00 01 B2 : user data
    51 +  16540 : 00 00 01 B6 : VOP
  16595 +   4859 : 00 00 01 B6 : VOP
  21458 +    912 : 00 00 01 B6 : VOP
  22374 +    896 : 00 00 01 B6 : VOP

This seems to be the headers I would expect from the encoder and it
seems reasonable. I have a test stream from another encoder that works
with testMPEG4VideoStreamer and the one main difference is it has
'group of VOP' headers, which really shouldn't be needed.

It looks like MPEG4VideoStreamFramer is looking for a 'group of VOP'
or a 'VOP' header, so I'm not quite sure why it isn't finding the
frame boundaries. I need to do some more debugging, but I was
wondering if anyone has an idea what might be wrong with my stream or
MPEG4VideoStreamFramer?

Here is the test stream I was using:
http://ossifrage.com/tmp/capture_handwave_20050615.m4v

                                 Thanks,