[Live-devel] send/receive possible in one thread ?

Martin Klama mklama at crdlounge.de
Fri Jun 17 14:15:03 PDT 2005

Hi! First off all i'd like to thank Ross for the fast answer he gave me for
my last question. Developing further I got another question.
Is it possible running receive & send in one thread ?
I'd like to do a proxy, which receives in a buffer, transcodes data from
buffer and afterwards sends the buffer to the client. I've got this working
with 2 threads - one for receiver, one for sender. If I use only one thread
it won't work. I can just use one eventloop :( I got to methods (first one
is called receiveStream() next one is called sendStream(). Both are mainly
only the samplecode provided by testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer/Receiver).The only
change is, that I commented eventloop out in Receiver because it should loop
after sending if I got this right. Is there any trick how to handle that, or
sample code somewhere available ? the relayserver code didn't help out
because I can't pass whole rtp-packages to my transcoder. I need to pass raw
mpg data.

Thanks a lot !

Regaerds, Martin